HAUPPAUGE, N.Y.—January 11, 2018—Gemini (now Ultimus Fund Solutions) announced today that it experienced a surge in hedge and alternative fund clients for 2017, and that it expects strong momentum to continue into 2018.
David Young, President of Gemini’s hedge funds and alternatives business lines, commented on the robust influx of new funds, “We have a track record of responding rapidly when managers need to get to market with distinct strategies, instruments, and specialized wrappers. Our team-based consultative approach enables us to support new investment structures, instruments, accounting methods, portfolio affects, and asset types.”
Clients specifically cited these attributes as a benefit of working with Gemini:
- TIME TO MARKET: Gemini focuses on helping clients be first movers with specialty fund offerings, such as digital asset class funds (e.g. cryptocurrencies) or emerging asset class funds, giving them a significant competitive advantage.
- EXPANDED DISTRIBUTION: By leveraging Gemini’s operational infrastructure, clients are equipped with modern investor servicing tools and managed account platform options, which gives them the opportunity to expand their distribution networks, gain greater exposure, and successfully raise capital.
- SCALE/OUTSOURCED OPERATIONS: Gemini’s full daily operational support, including trade aggregation, valuation, reconciliation, comprehensive financial reporting, NAV calculations, and risk reporting and analysis allows managers to scale their operations and focus on core competencies and investment strategies.
- INTEGRATION: Gemini is a leader in utilizing technology to streamline connectivity to sources of data. Gemini has connected with numerous exchanges, digital currency wallets, and custodians to provide efficient and effective data management for clients.
- A TRUSTED NETWORK: Gemini offers clients access to an extensive network of industry experts as an extension of their Gemini relationship, which helps clients focus on reaching new investors.
To support this continued growth and expansion, Gemini recently promoted Skyler Steinke to Senior Vice President of Business Development for Hedge/Alternatives. Mr. Steinke noted, “Navigating the ever-changing landscape of alternatives requires agility. As it’s critical to get to market first, timeliness is everything to a fund manager. They need a partner like Gemini, who can move at their pace and deliver. We’re very pleased to have helped four new digital asset funds launch in the past 30 days, with another wave on deck.”